Thursday, February 4, 2010

Unknown Departure from Kenya

L:

We’ve had the last couple posts written for a couple days but didn’t have time to access the internet until now. The Woodman’s have been generous to allow us to access the internet from their room so that we can share the expense because it is very expensive here!

I don’t have time right now to post about the days since Monday, but I will tell you that we may have to stay in Nairobi until sometime next week. Our last piece of paperwork for the kids’ visas somehow did not make it to the U.S. embassy in Nairobi. It is yet one more criminal check. We just have to wait for them to receive it and then we will be able to pick up the visas and return home. Please pray for these clearances to make it to the embassy before they close at 1:00 p.m. tomorrow so that we will still be able to fly out tomorrow night. We want to go home and certainly do not wish for our return to be delayed, but we do trust that God is still in control of the timing of everything. Thank you for your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. I will keep your family in my prayers. When you get settled I would love some insight as to what paperwork was missing so this way I can ensure before I head that way (granted it is a while away) that all my ducks are in a row.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that the paperwork comes through and you're on your way home tomorrow!!! We're leaving tomorrow and likely won't have internet access (I think we're leaving the laptop behind)- but know we will continue to be praying and we can't wait to meet these beautiful girls!!!

    ReplyDelete